1. See an old uncle holding aunty’s dupatta + purse so that aunty can try out the sweaters which the hawkers have put on the street. ‘Maine badhu aapi de, hoon hold karu chu’ (Give me everything, I will hold it) he says smilingly 🙂
2. See a little boy and his mother cross the road and the boy tell his mother, Mummy aa ear ring ketlu beautiful che, tamara maate levu che (Mummy this ear ring is very beautiful, you want to buy it for yourself?)
3. Walk past a lady who sells sukha bhel etc regularly.I know she is a widow because I had gone to her once and she was cursing her dead husband to someone. Someone asks her for an extra puri. She puts one. He says put one more, are you going to take them with you when you die. She stares back with fiery eyes and says ‘koi nahi leke gaya hai aab tak, lekin maine mera paisa leke jaaungi’ (No one has taken yet when they died, but I will take my money and go) the poor guy shut up while I smiled and walked on!
4. Saw a traffic policeman helping an old uncle cross the road. He actually made the traffic stop when he saw an old couple and some school kids struggling to cross the road
5. Saw two aunties with white hair like snow wearing a red colour gajra on their hair. Looked awesome 🙂
6. Climbing down the stairs, I slipped and two young boys caught me and said ‘Madam be careful when you walk’ Yes sirs!
7. Saw couple of guys rush to catch the train, and one man held his hand out and both of them got in..despite of it being really crowded. Mumbaikars give the word ‘accommodate’ a whole new meaning eh?
8. My feet are hurting with all the walking!