1. I am really praying for the rains. Dont be surprised. I still continue to hate the rains in Bombay, but seriously worried now. Water cuts, increase in prices, people suffering from unknown infections, everything is scaring me. Like I wrote on twitter, Dear God, here is the deal. Please send the rains all over India and I, who hates to deep fry anything, promise to make methi na gota. I will even do nevidiyam of that before we eat it!!
2. Made Chinese daliya (used daliya instead of rice) and Chilly paneer without garlic on Saturday. Yaa, indo Chinese without garlic is laughable..but it tasted pretty decent 🙂
3. The brat’s school is making the kids do chapter after chapter as if its on a mission to finish the entire book before July end. We just do homework and pretend all is well with the world.
Here is something I wrote on IMC regarding the school and homework.
4. I want a break. Really. I am so so tired of being sick, running after stuff, work, yaada yaada. I am thinking of taking a weekend break in August when we have a long weekend. But as usual, whatever I plan, never materialises. So now not doing anything!
5. I gave a couple of exams last to last week. Funnily, despite of being 32, I am still scared when I give exams. The tension when the teacher gives the supplementary, the prayers before I got the question paper, the checking of whether I have ink in my pen or not…Darn! some things never change eh?
6. I saw the excellent program yesterday night ‘We the People’ where Barkha Dutt was facilitating a panel on ‘Dark is Beautiful’ I am not a big fan of Ms. Dutt, but I loved this particular episode. It resonated so well in our household where R has been undergoing a lot of inferiority complex because of her dark skin. It felt good to hear from Nethra Raghuraman that she suffered the same complex but because her parents made her feel beautiful, she didnt have a life long issue with the colour of her skin. And that Nandita Das looks so pretty! Even R was enamoured with her.
So Amma, she told me, they are saying that dark skin is totally fine, is it?
Yes, I told her.
Hmmm, she said and left it at it. I am crossing my fingers now!
7. I want to watch TV for some 10 hours straight. Back to back episodes of Friends. But I guess, this jaman, thats not happening!
8. Today morning, a friend in office, gave me a beautiful brown kurta with red embriodary on it. Just like that. For no reason. Why? I asked her. ‘Arey my mom and I went shopping, saw it, got reminded of you, and just bought it’ How lucky can I get??
9. Some issues are troubling my mind. But for every negative thought that crosses my mind, I have 2 positive things happening, which make me realise that life is really not bad at all!
10. I have written 10 points, with absolutely no coherence. Forgive the rain starved soul and please start praying will ya?
PS – had told the brat story about how Tansen sang Raag Malhar and it started raining. She was asking me yesterday, if we could please contact Mr. Tansen and perhaps ask him to sing the Raaga again!!!