The brat’s school started a week and a half ago. All of a sudden the school decided to have a parent interaction on the first day. Unfortunately, working parents like us, had no clue about it until the brat came to me and said ‘Amma, sab ki mummy aye the, you were the only one who didnt come to my class’ I must admit I was a bit upset to hear that, but I took a half day the next day and went to her school and inquired with her teacher.
Anyways they had an open house this Saturday,and here are my observations:
1. I am at awe that our children actually are disciplined. EVERY parent was busy chit chatting with each other and talking even as the teacher was giving instructions..really? How do we expect our children to listen to the teacher 😦
And yes, some parents had got their children along. So what are you teaching those kids!
2. The teacher seemed to be such a paavam, but R tells me that she manages the class pretty well 🙂
3. The Hindi teacher reminded me of my mother. She came she stood, when no one stopped talking, she just hit the duster against the desk twice, said I want perfect silence when I speak, and anyone talking can get out of the class. There was a stunned silence and then everyone listened to her.
4. I was the one with the most questions. And may be silly ones. but 5 people copied the notes I took!
5. The lady sitting next to me, nominated me as a parent teacher association member, which by the way no one wanted to be! Not a single parent. 6 other mothers also told me to stand for it. But I confessed, I was a working parent and may not be able to attend meetings 😦 Finally one guy’s FATHER..yes father!!! agreed to be one! I was so proud of him!
6. The lady sitting next to me, was laughing at me for all the notes I was talking. I just shrugged, smiled and said ‘I guess the training as an analyst!’ She laughed at me again, but I did my work. Then she copied my notes, Gah!
7. The mothers have formed a whatsapp group. I was a bit hesitant to give my number, but then I gave. And oh my God!!! What nonsense people are sending 😦 RD showed me how to mute a group :(:( And then there are some advantages, like what was the homework given etc is discussed, but but…people are also asking questions like what books to send to school today, despite the teacher giving timetables :(:( I mean really!!! and the jokes and the forwards and the good morning messages and the 10 mb weird videos..and adult jokes 😦 Gosh!
8. BTW, the PTA member who is a guy is NOT in the group. The wife is a part of the group. Apparently this is a mothers only group. Why, RD asked me perplexed. I refused to even consider that why. The lady who formed the group told the wife of the PTA member, that we will do all ladies talk in the group, your husband will be out of place, so putting you in the group!!!
9. Parents literally need to learn manners. They went and practically manhandled the teacher with their problems even as she was explaining stuff to everyone, until a parent stood up and said please let her talk, I have to go to my older child’s class for such a thing as well..!!! and parents walked in at 11.05 when it was given that everyone should assemble at 10.30 :(:(
10. And finally, parents are upset that the extra circular activities have reduced this year (till last year, every Friday there used to be some sticking, pasting, colouring, drawing, some competition, etc etc) except one parent..guess who???