1. Why is everyone complaining about the heat? Because its hot. But somehow I like it hot and sunny. Better than rainy and yucky eh? Until the mom told me to spare a thought for those folks who need to work outside in scorching heat…I agree…I am selfish that ways!
2. The brat has learnt all sorts of new words. The other day enroute to Sabarimalai she asked RD if she could ‘please get something to ‘touch’ with the theplas?’ RD was pretty surprised in an understatement
3. Some people are amazingly nice. A blogger friend was kind enough to drop me ALL THE WAY HOME after a meeting…despite my house being WAY out of her WAY! I was like wow, I really need to learn so much from people
4. Bro was coming from Ahm on the way to Kerala. What do I get for you RM, he asked. Kuch nahi bhai please kuch nahi..dont get anything…okay..nothing at all..and bro was like okay okay dont get hyper..what happened?
RM: There is absolutely NO SPACE in the house…RD got like some 100 kgs of chips from Sabarimalai trip and then went to baroda for some work and got like 1000 kgs of farsan to eat..and…
Bro: okay okay..I am not getting anything..
But bro being bro, the wise one, got like 2 kgs of apples and plopped it in MIL’s hand to earn the name of a chamat boy 🙂
5. I am really running short of space in the kitchen..I have so much of stuff to eat (all junk!) that I dont know what to do about it…Distributed a bit of it here and there and there is still so much left 😦
6. R has been sleeping with the inlaws for a couple of days now. Which means, there is so much space in the bed. Yet I discovered that RD and I sleep in the two corners of the bed as leaving out 3/4th of the bed empty for the non-existent R!!! Its hilarious!
7. Everyone has really high hopes from NaMo. He seems to have infused a new sense of optimism in the most pessimistic people I know. I just hope he leads India to a new horizon. This is all I have to say about politics at this point in time. I refuse to get drawn into any pro and anti Modi debate
8. Ok, just one more on politics…The other day, everyone around Appa was congratulating him. For 5 minutes Appa just accepted the congratulations and then when he asked why he was being congratulated…(hahah!) everyone is like Modi won in Baroda and you are from Baroda…what connection!
9. Some friend of mine has been cooking like crazy over the weekend. Chaat on Saturday and Chinese on Sunday. Unfortunately she lives in like the other side of the world (Bombay is world in itself okay?) I wish I could go to her house to taste the yummy delicacies
10. Folks who went to Sabarimalai with R n RD have resorted to calling R as ‘Phoolan Devi’ Apparently they havent come across a girl who is so ready to get into a fight. She has gotten into fist fights and push fights and catch-the-collar fights with the 7 year old guy who was with her. I dont know whether to laugh or cry really!