I am sure there is going to be a lot of money which is going to be poured in from the medical fraternity for analysing the smart phone syndrome. With a few years, you will have folks from rich foundations donating money for analysing the data and finding cures for symptoms which are getting scarier by the day. Mark my words, dear world, mark my words 🙂
Here are few symptoms which are the starting point for you to identify if you suffer from the smart phone syndrome!
1. Open your eyes early in the morning at 5 and instead of looking around to see who is awake, check your smart phone for emails and whatsapp messages (good morning messages from random acquaintances are obviously welcome)
2. Always always end your day with twitter. You can technically go to bed at 9.00 PM but you sleep only after 12 o clock because twitter is so addictive man! and others of course wont mind if you forget to say good night, even if they are in the same room as yours….OR wait, just send them a good night tweet or whatsapp eh?
3. Get panic attacks if the whatsapp server is down
4. Curse yourself for not recharging the internet when you are out of the city and consider that as the worst thing that could happen to you (apart from getting mugged and losing your smart phone all together! thats like the worst-est thing ever!)
5. Talk more on the phone to your loved ones than face to face or even easier, just whatsapp them
6. Ask your spouse/mom to send an email/whatsapp message on what needs to be bought and use that as your list. If your mom is from the 16th century, who firmly believes in writing the monthly grocery on a list of paper, dont worry. Just click a pic of the list and whatsapp it boss!
7. Forgetting the charger at home and finding no other means to charge your phone is no less than a catastrophe
8. Even worse, forgetting your phone at home for the day…be cautious that can lead to a heart attack
9. Consider facebook as the bible to knowing whats happening in and around your friends and family circle. Had a baby, let the world know via face book, bought a house, got a new fridge, changed your wardrobe, watered your plants, or hey even got a new bottle of water do definitely use facebook to update the family and friends. After all, no one wants to see their friend die of thirst eh?
10. Hold a pen and then look at the piece of paper and try to remember how the hell do you write the alphabet ‘A’ and then of course, get your smart phone and google ‘how to write A in English’ and do the deed. But remember after 4 alphabets your wrists are going to ache like crazy while your fingers will curse you…after all only the thumb is used in smart phones eh?
11. Never hold a conversation eye to eye. Always keep one eye on the smart phone and then keep looking up to the person who is talking to you. And if the other person is a smart phone user as well, just whatsapp yaar..why use your voice at all!
12. In a restaurant,its always advisable to carry a smart phone. one that you can instantly upload the amazing food pics on FB and instagram and twitter and then of course, after a while, why talk to the person with you? Either whatsapp them or just check your mails and earn brownie points from the boss!! and if you are taking kids, take an extra smart phone..you can use yours, they can use theirs, you will no longer have to worry about tantrums and bad manners eh?
13. Get apps downloaded for everything, from tracking your expenses, to tracking who exactly are your friends, to writing notes, to filling in grocery sheets, to even deciding when your phone thinks is the right time to do potty!
Anyone here who can add more???