1. The brat’s exams get over today. After four days of Hindi, English, Maths, EVS, yaada yaada, today evening, I am going to let her just be. Yes,I did sit after her to make her ‘study’.
2. She has discovered a new friend in the building. A first in 5.5 years. The girl is one year old to her, in the same school as hers and an year older class wise also. But both the girls seem to hit off very well. Infact, both of them look alike also. As if they are twins or something. A couple of folks in the building have confused them for each other. They play together in the evenings from 7 to 8 after the brat returns from daycare. They fight equally and love each other equally.
3. The days in Bombay are getting so hot, that I think eventually by May the roads are going to start melting. I heard Bangalore is no better eh?
4. My Amma is here for a while so life is a bit easier. She cooks in the mornings and takes care of everything else. I am getting totally spoilt.
5. Amma is on a cleaning spree, getting the cobwebs out and the windows polished. I am contributing nothing to the entire clean up process.
6. Its summer now and am remembering the mangoes of Baroda. The chundo and the panna and the aam ras and the junagadi kesar..sigh! I miss my childhood
7. I had this sudden urge to eat jhal muri. I called up RD asking him if he could get it from somewhere. He was like ‘there is no place nearby I can get you jhalmuri, lets make at home’ We made a pseudo jhalmuri that day evening and we enjoyed it. The next day, he got me sukha bhel from work, and at the risk of sounding conceited, I liked my jhalmuri better.
8. On the food note, we are have been living without eating onions and garlic for about 2 weeks now. The brat and RD plan to go to Sabarimalai in May and RD is on with the vratham. R is barely affected, since her daycare gives jain food and she is not a fan of onions anyways! I am missing the taste of garlic but am too lazy to cook for myself separately 🙂
9. Everyone seems to be doing 100 days of happiness and A to Z challenge in the blogworld. I can barely think of any happiness to write about honestly. The daily routine gets cumbersome. That doesn’t mean I am unhappy. It just means I am plain lazy to write about the happy things in life
10. I read this post on ‘real’ things by Bride. So so agree to a lot of things she says. And organic food in Mumbai is verrrryyyy expensive eh?