1. Schools in Mumbai can never teach punctuality to children. It’s the parents fault too. 10.15 means when the large hand reaches 3 and the small hand of the clock is just after 10, NOT WHEN the large hand reaches 9!!!! Parents will never learn!
Like RD says in his school in Calcutta, they would just shut the gates at the dot of time. If you are late, your child doesnt participate. Period. Full Stop. Wish that worked in Bombay. EVERYONE thinks its great to be late, why? why? why?
2. Dances can be on songs apart from bollywood music. Am sick and tired of seeing kids dance on nagad sang dhol or dholi taro or ek pal ka jeena. Get real teachers, see how some folks managed to make little kids dance on a real Goan song like yaa yaa mayaayaa by Remo Fernandes and made them learn a new song in Konkani AND made them enjoy it too! !! While Bollywood songs look cute on kids, I think we have such a RICH CULTURAL heritage of folk music ACROSS India! Don’t you think its time, you make children learn about that?
3. Speeches are boring. Period.
4. Parents need to realise that teachers aren’t going to keep their children with them after the program. They are as anxious to deliver them to you as you are to push other kids and parents and grab your child. Believe me this comes from a girl whose mother has been a teacher for over 35 years!
5. Make up makes little children look scary. It may work on adult skin but it makes no difference on a child. I think my brat looked scary with the make up on her! and by the time she danced AFTER 5 hours of wearing the make up, she was devoid of it…but looked as sparky to me as ever!
6. Dear lady sitting in front of me, I hope you had a neck sprain with the amount of ‘looks’ you were giving me for screaming and shouting and encouraging the kids while dancing. You were so thanda with your reaction that I had to compensate na. If we dont encourage, who will?
7. Give a Garba to a Gujarati dominated audience and they want once more!
8. Parents should NOT be allowed to perform at children’s annual day! That too on old Bollywood songs. What were they thinking? 😦
9. Graduation ceremony for Sr.Kg students looked super funny. I didn’t get a lump in my throat nor did I click a pic of the brat when they made 45 students stand on the stage and pose. It was such a waste of time.
10. I lost a bet with RD. There was an UV act. The teacher PLEADED..literally PLEADED to parents not to open their mobile phones or click pictures. RD said they will. I said they wont. I lost. case rested!
Annual days are learnings too eh?