So it was a pretty crazy wedding schedule. We reached for the ring cermony to Baroda on Monday afternoon, then went for the garba to Mehsana on Tuesday evening, and then came back to Baroda on Wednesday morning at 4 AM, and then again left for Ahm on Wednesday night at 8.45 PM and attended the wedding on Thrusday at Mehsana…in short, I have travelled in a week as much as I would within Mumbai for a week to work and back 🙂
Some points on the wedding
1. The bride looked a dream in every cermony. I dont know what she was doing but she looked like a dream!
On the engagement day, we hadnt seen the bride at all.
R points at one lady in pink and says ‘Amma she is H mami’
RM: How do you know
R: Because she is the most beautiful person in this room
Ah well, she was right!
2. My friend K looked awesome too. They had enlarged a huge photograph of him and his bride on the day of the wedding (the photos were taken during the garba cermony) and boy he looked so so dashing!
3. The food was to die for. Every.single.meal was awesome. Both from the girl’s side AND the boy’s side. I ate and ate and ate and ate. On the wedding day, I swear, there were about 150 dishes to choose from! I ate and ate and ate some more! all the healthy eating since the start of the month has gone for a toss!
4. The garba was amazing. I danced for 2.5 hours non-stop. The only time I stopped was when R went super cranky towards the end and wouldnt leave me at all. And R was so excited about the garba but ended up walking one only ONE round with me. The rest of the time, she sat with my mom on the sofa.
5. On the topic of garba, except for my mom and my friend’s hubby, EVERYONE danced, it was amazing! super amazing infact. All uncles, aunties, grannies, grandpas, everyone dancing. It was awesome. And the bridegroom danced as well..hahahah! super nice of him, considering the fact that he has two left feet 😉 And just to compensate, the bride dances so amazingly well!
6. Missed doing the sanedo thanks to R’s cranky mood 😦
7. And then the dance in the Jaan or the Barat. It was so much fun. Bridegroom sat on the chariot with two horses, while the whole lot of us danced like crazy. R was so so enthused. She was the only kiddo dancing, which means the camera man was going beserk trying to capture her awesome moves. She went left, right and danced with every uncle/aunty in the Jaan :):) Hilarious :):)
Okay, this is all I can remember honestly. It was a whirlwind 4 days and had a lot of emotions involved as well 🙂
Leaving you with a pic of the mehendi R and I put on our hands 🙂