R, Amma and I are going for a wedding. Of a very dear friend. Maya Aunty and Patel Uncle’s son. HE is the last among all of us to get married since he is the youngest. I just cant imagine him getting married.
HE was always my little brother, whom I have had pillow fights, had fun pulling his leg, being the evil big sister, burst crackers with him, flown kites with him, eaten kashimiri naans with him, and written and written SOPs and filled a million (okay exaggeration!) forms for his applications to universities in the US. In short, he is my little brother. I even got a new chaniya choli to wear for his Garba cermony!
AND I have taken the entire week off to attend his wedding. Its like the first time in my life I have taken so many days off from work and even made R miss school for a week *gasp* AND miss her sports day as well *gasper* I know I know she is only inKG, but for RD and me, missing school is a big big offence 🙂
Anyways, RD will join us for the wedding while we go and attend all the functions.
Dilemmas in the mind
1. To wear a saree only for the wedding or to wear one for the grah shaanti as well?
2. To apply mehendi or not apply
3. To meet college friends or not meet college friends
4. To dance at the wedding or not dance at the wedding
5. To buy clothes from baroda or mehsana (thats where the wedding is!)
6. To buy clothes or not to buy (spent a bomb on Jan 1st remember!)
Many dilemmas in mind, but one thing is for sure, I am going to enjoy myself to the fullest!
PS – This post has been scheduled, dont know if it will post on time!
PS 1 – Ran the Dream run of the Mumbai Marathon yesterday, will post on the run after I come back next week
PS 2 – Picture posts coming up over the week