There is not one single thing thats memorable about this year. The negatives seem to stand out. The aftermath of the miscarriage, the illness, the sad raise, Chitappa’s demise nothing great in the year.
A few days ago, RD and I had this major argument (My parents were around!) in which RD told me that he finds me extremely pessimistic. I dont seem to be positive about anything and thats why may be I feel only negative things happen to me. He is not wrong. I tend to be pessimistc. Which is surprising actually, because both my parents are super optimistic. They are positive about everything in life, including life itself.
Anyways, here is a list of positive stuff I think happened to me over the past one year…and trust me, I had to think a LOT before coming up with this list 😦
1. Overheard my mom tell ‘I am enjoying every moment of my life now. Whether its plucking flowers, watering the garden, cooking for both of us or just drinking filter coffee in the garden, I love every moment of my life’ – How many people do you know who can say this?
2. For the first time in seven years of my marriage, my parents came together to stay with me for a week, Otherwise with Appa’s busy schedule, the two of them coming together has NEVER happened! We had a great time and it was super nice when they were around. Board games, Tambram food, conversations from politics to cities to relatives, it all happened in this one week, which I didnt want to end at all.
3. Got a smartphone for the birthday and opened a twitter account
4. Contributed to IMC in a decent manner
5. Met up with blogger friends, Swaram, Pepper, Ashwathy, Ani, Vidya, Tharani, Sowmya, Smita, Zephyr, Sudhagee, Suranga, MomofRS
6. Did a couple of book reading sessions and also started volunteering for a monthly session of book reading for Project Crayons
7. Survived a trip to Kerala without Temple hopping!
8. Took a road trip with RD without cribbing too much!
9. Did two marathons even if they were only 6KM each
10. Accepted the fact that I am never going to go back to size M and hence started buying XL clothes. I am definitely looking towards a fitter me next year, without worrying about being thinner!
11. Read a decent number of books thanks to great recommendations
12. Managed an fitness campaign in office with moderate success
13. Continued to live with the brat and RD without major fights..
Not bad, could list 13 achievements for 2013. Hope 2014 sees a more positive me!
PS – Check out Dreamy Mommy post on the blogathon. We are so many of us. Yayay! thanks for agreeing to be a part of it 🙂 and oh she also has prompts for us to write. So no excuses eh? Start clicking, writing, thinking, and of course blogging 🙂