In my 7 years in Mumbai, I have never bought radish (mooli), since the spouse claimed never to like them. It took the five year in the house to convince him to buy it, since its ‘good for health’ as her teacher taught her
I love mooli parathas, especially the one which Amma makes. Here is a quick mooli paratha recipe which you can make in less than 1/2 hour.
Radish (mooli) – 2-3
Water to knead the dough
Oil to cook the parathas
Ajma (1 teaspoon)
Ginger-Green chilly paste (2 teaspoons)
Salt to taste
1. Grate the mooli. I used the hand mixer. DO NOT remove the water of the mooli
2. While Amma, told me to add ginger, ajma, green chilly paste separately, I was too lazy and added it to the hand mixer as well
3. Take some oil in a kadai. Add the mooli to it (Amma says add the ajma, green chilly, ginger paste to it first and then the mooli) Let it cook for a while, till the water from the mooli evaporates completely. Also add some freshly cut corriander leaves and salt to this.
4. In the meantime knead the wheat dough.
5. Take some amount of wheat dough. Spread it and then add the cooked mooli mixture to it.
6. Spread again to form a paratha
7. Put on tava and then add oil and cook to form yummy healthy parathas. Eat with sauce or green chutney.
Cross posted here (http://www.indianmomsconnect.com/2013/12/03/super-fast-radish-mooli-paratha/)
The brat was up at 5 in the morning today. She sat with me in the kitchen while I cooked.
RM: Go to sleep R.
R: Because sleep has left me and gone to another house, I will call her today night again!
ETA: Gave a quote in a magazine here