1. Cleaned the house for Diwali. It looks really clean, even the kitchen and the fridge *pats self on back*
2. R’s school closes, which means going late to work, but its okay, now I should stop cribbing about it really!
3. Did a book reading for an NGO on Saturday…LOVED the feedback and plan to do it every month..please God dont spoil my plans to give back to the society please! and gosh the girls there are so so talented..RD and I were blown away by their talent!
4. RD made lunch after a LONG time on Sunday afternoon. Simple, but healthy and tasty 🙂
5. For the first time in 7 years the man I married acknowledged my Gujju connection and got me gold (Rs. 650 but whatever!) for Dhanteras in advance. Got a second hole pierced in my ears…for the fourth time..go laugh! I keep doing it and it keeps getting closed..but this time I got a gold permanent one done..which should be removed only after a couple of months..RD wanted to get a diamond one, but I refused..bhai, diamond ka resale value is not too good eh? Gold is better!
6. After 5 years, got R’s ear rings changed as well..she had permanent ones on..now I got a screw type gold one done. so she can change ear rings now 🙂
7. For the first time got two chappals at the same time…hit on wallet – Rs. 500..Bata ki jai ho :):)
8. I am really disappointed with the world as far as children’s shoes are concerned..apparently most shoe shops we visited (we visited FIVE!) had only high heeled chappals..whats the point tell me…please??? I mean heels for kids!!!
Madam, yeh fashion hai, Diwali fashion the shopkeeper tells me when I crib about it… I was really bugged and disappointed…R wants one with heels because everyone in her school wears one on party days :(:( I hate being that awful mom, but seriously..heels for 5 year olds is just too much 😦
9. R’s school says Children’s day party after vacation gets over. Girls to dress in pink and Boys to dress in blue!!! really…I mean REALLY??? How the hell do I teach the kid to be gender neutral when the school teaches stuff like this :(:( RD initially told me, I was over reacting when he read the circular..but then he felt, may be it is wrong and encourages gender stereotyping in kids 😦
I am terribly upset about it…but yaa..I will make her wear a pink frock 😦
10. The building is lighted with a 1000 electric lamps. I am the sole one who feels its a wastage of electricity. I put this up on twitter wondering if I am getting a bit cynical? Smita said I am getting a bit cynical :):) yaa yaa, getting older, and grumpier 🙂
Happy week folks, just 5 days to Diwali yayayayayayay!
Did you check out the IMC contest?