You have always been there for me. Whenever I needed you. Always. Always since I was in my class 3. I met you when I was in my third standard and Appa got you along with him. I said hello and I must admit, I fell in love with you.
With your craziness, your stubbornness, your love for life, your large heart, your naughtiness and the fact that you studied in such a cool school.
You did everything that I always wanted to do. Ride a pony, live in a hostel, play pranks, not be miss goody two shoes, go for long walks, spend money by yourself, wander around and yet be responsible, play the piano and even give concerts. How amazing. and yet, you never ever left my side. You were always there for me.
I remember coming to you late nights, and early mornings, always trying to tell you my issues (yes yes, school children have issues like homework, boring maths, and un-understandable science!) you would just be there to listen to me, to soothe me and to tell me that finally all is well. That happy endings are always fun.
You stood like a rock when I wanted you, I have learnt a lot of wonderful things from you.
– That, changing a decision is not wrong, it just shows that you are bold enough to do it!
– That, helping a friend is one of the most wonderful things in the world,
– That being there for someone is always the greatest part of being a human
– That if you want something really bad, then you just work really hard for it
– That everyone makes mistakes
– That to apologize doesnt mean that you are weak, it just means that you are brave enough to acknowledge your mistake
– That everyone needs a friend
– That everyone has the right to speak up their minds
– That hurting someone is wrong, and if you do hurt someone, learn to apologize
That you can be best friends with someone whom you have fought with earlier
– That popularity doesnt come from being rude and arrogant, but it comes from being helpful
– That life is full of challenges and to face it full on it the only way of living
Thank you, thank you for being there whenever I needed you.
Thank you Elizabeth Allen, you are truly a best friend I have had. I only hope and pray that you will be a great friend to my daughter when her time comes.
PS – Written for Womensweb contest.
Its funny that I cant think of a soul sister, I can write about, but the Naugtiest Girl in School has been with me since my class 3 and I have read it like a 100 times and everytime felt a connection to Elizabeth. So why cant she be my best friend eh?