1. And I jinxed it again!
Yesterday I wrote about how it doesnt rain the mornings when we set off for school/office (https://readingthroughrsmind.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/wednesday-words-or-something-like-that/) ..and boy did it rain or what today…I came to work completely drenched..and I was wearing a full sleeve shirt and trouser..
Darn! Darn! Darn! I am a total Panvati..now I have learnt (again!) that I am not going to announce anything to anyone at least not on the blog!
2. I am yet to go to R’s school to meet up with R’s teachers about her syllabus (https://readingthroughrsmind.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/and-so-the-fight-begins/)..I have been busy last weekend, and this weekend we may be going out..but I am going to go next weekend for sure! I spoke to Amma in detail about it and she mentioned that when she was the editor for Gujarat board books, the entire group of editors removed such statements from the English books! She told me to click a picture and send it to her..she is going to write to ‘letters to editors’ about it 🙂 Next time her teacher sends that book home I will do that!
3. I always used to wonder if there is something like too much love…I have recently realised there is, and its not too good!
4. Yesterday MIL was telling R a very abridged version of the Ramayana..and then I realised I dont think Rama falls in my category of the ideal man..I mean, seriously man, here is a guy who didnt stand up for his wife, he suspected his wife despite her claiming her innocence..he didnt ask his father why he was being sent for vanvas, he could have talked to Kaikeyi about it no?, he was okay killing Valli on the sly, etc etc…funny, we make Gods comparable to mere mortals..but hey may be thats why they are Gods..to make us realise that no one is perfect eh?
5. In story, MIL called Sita’s father as Janak Maharaj..and the brat asks her ‘Jana Gana Mana ke wife ka name kya tha’ for a second MIL was flummoxed, only to realise that brat has mis understood Janak Maharaj as Jana Gana Mana!
6. I tried growing my nails some time ago..it was a total flop..they used to hurt me, hurt R when I used to help her bath, or sit with her and pat her or whatever!, all the atta used to get stuck, it used to get dirty when I came back home, the subji ka masala would get stuck, yuck! in short, I am not a long nails person!
7. The swimming classes have come to a stand still..its raining too much for us to go to the classes!
8. I am still struggling to find that passion in my life..totally clueless as of now..but guess its fine
9. and to wrap up, came across this really interesting contest via the Pratham blog website (http://kathakosa.com/node/7)
Who writes in post cards now a days..but I do plan to write for this one..I will never win (not in my wildest dreams) but just for the pleasure of writing on a post card, I am entering it 🙂 Any of you interested?