Some days ago I received an email asking me if I would be interested in reviewing the latest Mills & Boon release in India ‘Falling for a Bollywood Legend’ by Mahi Jay.
Why not? I thought because I still read Mills & Boon occasionally.
They sent me across the book. and it was good.
Before I review it, let me honestly say its a true M&B style book. Boy meets girl, they first dont like each other and then they fall in love.
Aadith Varma is a chocolate boy yet not really chocolatey Bollywood hero. Nina Shah is a beautiful girl and works for a PR firm and is the epitome of success. They have a past together, and Aadith has to come to Nina for setting right his image before the release of his new romantic movie. And what happens after that and what is their past is revealed in the book.
Now to what I liked about the book
1. The Indian setting
2. Nina is shown to be a smart girl (most times 🙂 )
3. The romance in the book (But I am a firm believer of everything romantic eh?)
4. The grandmother of the hero 🙂 (No she doesnt have a main role to play in the book, but she is really sweet 🙂 )
5. The fact that M&B has realized that Indians like to read about Indian romances and is ready to release books based on Indian characters
What I didnt like
1. The background story of Nina and Aadith could have had more detailing
2. Nina’s need for protection from a crowd which Aadith provides her (But hey its an M&B so thats how it should be!)
In short, its a typical M&B. Go ahead and read it if you want a break from very intense stuff 🙂