And so this Saturday was one of those saturdays where we spent the WHOLE day out..you know start off at 10 in the morning and return at 10 in the night..yep..that kinds 🙂
We went to town for the whole day..for the non Bombayites, ‘town’ means South Bombay..where the Britishers originally set shop and all that 🙂
Anyways, so at 10 we left home to get caught in a horrid traffic jam..oh before that, we used all sorts of Bombay public transport on Saturday..
4. Double Decker Bus
5. Train :):)
*Gives proud look*
Anyways, so we reached the station after doing getting some work done and then got a train to Lower Parel
We went to this FANTASTIC play ‘Snow White and the Seven Drawfs’ it was a broadway style musical by the Vishaal Asrani’s Institute of Performing Arts which was done so excellently that I have few words to describe it..it was at ‘The Comedy Store’ at the Palladium Mall in Lower Parel
1. The fantastic casting
2. The superb music
3. The sutradhar or the narrator ‘Vishal Asrani’ was amazing
4. the school kids who played the drawfs…they are fantastic
5. The evil step mother called queen Evillina…R tells everyone she knows and talks to how she ‘does not’ like the evil step mother..meaning that actor was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!
6. The Sandwichs at the Comedy store..yummmmmmmm
7. The dancing by the cast…Fantastic!!
1. The prices of the tickets..if I were at RD’s place, I would not have bought them 🙂
2. The rude rude rude man at the counter selling the sandwichs at the comedy store..he refused to serve us because he didnt have change for Rs.500!! and we had got stuff for Rs. 470! RD had to literally tell him that I have a child who is very hungry..and then RD got an extra coffee just to round off the bill..he was really rude and had the attitude of God Knows What
But we really loved the play and enjoyed ourselves..R even screamed the last time Evillina was on stage and all that 🙂 very very convincing
Then we went to the food court and had
1. Cheese dosa
Then we went shopping at Pantaloons and got one each dress of all three of us 🙂
From there we took an empty train to churchgate and RD being the super indulgent father, decided to take R on the first seat of a double decker bus..which meant, we took a single decker to VT station and from there boarded a double decker bus to Backbay!!!
We sat on the first seat on the top and enjoyed the sea, breeze, conversation and R’s excited expressions..totally worth it..
AND we came back to Marine Drive sat for a while there and felt really fresh and happy 🙂
After 7 janams when I earn a LOT of money, I am definitely buying a house in South Bombay..the air is cleaner, fresher and its so much more greener..and what houses man, what houses..wah!
After that we went to this place *ahem* Called ‘Not Just Pizza By The Bay’
I have been wanting to go there for a long long time, but have been dissuaded by the fact that it is super expensive…but trust me, once in your lifetime, please go there..the food is excellent, the sea view is amazing and the service is good…
We ate and ate and ate and ate and ate some more 🙂
I will never go there again because it is VERY expensive..but I loved the food there..
After that we RAN to get into a fast train to Borivali and R just conked off in my arms to get up only on Sunday mornign at 7.30..she was really tired eh :):)
All in all a very very memorable Saturday..this is a second fantastic saturday on a roll eh? I hope all my saturdays are so exotic :):)