Its Republic day…and I am in Calcutta…
Go Figure! I have become a hot shot eh? Going from Bombay, to south of India to Delhi to Bombay to CAlcutta in a week’s time ahem ahem!
R and I will be here till tomorrow and then get back to Bombay tomorrow night..we wanted to attend the 10th day function of Chitappa and thought it makes sense to be here!
I travelled extensively in the past week, and here are few scenes from the airport
1. A mother, a grand mother, two twin girls of 1.5 year old..clinging to their mom and not going to grand mom…the least I could do was help the aunty carry their heavy bag..This was at Bombay on Monday morning..they seemed so overwhelmingly thankful..which is funny…because I thought anyone would have done the same..but unfortunately, NO ONE did it…there were 100s of people just standing there waiting to board the plane, but no one seemed to help them…weird eh?
2. A guy enters the aeroplane with his laptop open and on in his hand…Jeez! some people are so so busy eh?
3. As I wait for the client to join me at the airport, there is a man who comes in with a rin-ki-safadi ko challenge kar de kinda white shirt, white dhoti and black glasses…and 10 people come and fall at his feet..Politician I guess..what was funny was the horrible way he seemed to treat them, just giving his bags in their hands and raising his hands as if he is God! gah!
4. I see a family of 8 or 9? a 10 year girl carrying another baby on her back in a baby bag…there were 5 other kids, grand mother, grand father, mother, father and God knows who else…Population Explosion anyone?
5. Delhi Airport is terrific..at the arrivals they have this huge hand mudras installed which look stunning…
and the departures has lovely shops, super duper food and what a feel..wah! I am impressed 🙂
More tomorrow 🙂
PS – I havent approved comments, please forgive me, I promise to do it over the next week
PS 1 – Amma and R managed very well thanks for all your hugs, positive comments and confidence in my Amma
PS 2 – I am very very very lucky to have such wonderful parents, and amazing blog friends and a brat who ceases to be one when I am not around 🙂 Amma says she is naughty only when I am around..There, the grandmother has spoken eh?