So I started reading Aditya (http://blog.aditto.info/) very recently. He and I met up virtually on DI’s blog when he commented and I thought his comment was totally relevant and then he came over to say hi and so on and so forth.
I loved his blog for his travel tales..he travels just the way RD imagined his life would be after marriage..unfortunately RD got a RM who shudders at the thought of travelling..RD should meet up with Aditya one time eh?
Anyways, so Aditya (http://blog.aditto.info/2013/01/02/circa-2012/) to decided to tag me for an year end interesting tag which he has been doing for 4 years..go on gasp away 🙂
Here is it
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Done a book reading..that too twice this year…you can read about one of them here (https://readingthroughrsmind.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/of-kolams-and-readings/)
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next? I did not make any resolutions as far as I remember for the last year..but this year yes..already put them up earlier 🙂
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Aiyo..thats a tough one…well..honestly the date I remember now is December 21st, 2012, but since I have decided to be postive and all that, it would be Jan 15th when RD completed his half marathon last year and I did the dream run and we met up and gushed like a couple of teenagers 🙂 (https://readingthroughrsmind.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/yes-yes-yes-he-did-it/)
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Honestly, I dont think I had any major achievements this year!
5. What was your biggest failure? Errr..errr…I am not answering this one because I dont want to get too sad eh?
6. Did you suffer illness? Gah! yes..a miscarriage, but I am trying to get over it big time 🙂 and then before that a cold of such severe types that I think my hearing is definitely impaired…now RD and I are a pair,…he doesnt hear what I say and I dont hear what he does heheeheh 🙂 Occasionally we end up listening to each other though 🙂
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? I think I was very very affected on reading about Baby Falak at the start of the year in March and then about the gang rape towards the end of the year..it was upsetting 😦
8. Where did most of your money go? Now if I could answer that, I am sure I could own a big big bungalow at Nariman Point in Bombay by now! I suck at money and finance 😦
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Errrr…errr…errr..for a week about the new baby..but before that about the two book readings I did 🙂
10. What song will always remind you of 2012? Pass…I am pathetic with songs and the brat is now singing some song called ‘mashalnak’ on a daily basis!!! hai bhagwan!!!!
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Happy happy and happy as ever
12. What do you wish you’d done more of? Painting T shirts..I really loved doing those but have stopped now due to space constraint in the house for drying the paint! and of course I wish I had done some baking..and oh wait, also losing weight!!
13. What do you wish you’d done less of? cribbing!
14. Did you fall in love in 2012? Errr…yes with the brat, her father on some days and some instances, with my parents all over again definitely..and oh also most blogger friends I got a chance to meet face to face 🙂
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery? Errr..errrr..passs..no wait, I think it was R..with her absolutely tuneless rendering of ‘venkatasuprabhatam ka first 2 paras’
16. What did you want and get? nothing 🙂
17. What did you want and not get? errr…
18. What was your favourite film of this year? For someone who saw only TWO movies in the theatre, I would go for English Vinglish 🙂
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Errr…got a sugar ka dabba from the brat, and I turned 31! (https://readingthroughrsmind.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/and-so/)
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Wish I had done some more book readings..it would have been so much more fun…I realised that I love doing them
21. What kept you sane? Errr…reading, and having the family around
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. You dont get everything you want at the first instance. Sometimes, God proves he/she is around by taking away stuff from you.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012? We did go out for a few weekend outings around Mumbai..guess that counts eh?
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year – Give me some sunshine, give me some rain, give me another chance, I want to grow up once again 🙂
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from: I tag everyone who has taken up this blogging marathon…one day ka post ready na?