So this year we went up for the new year party and hold your breath, actually stayed up till the near end which would have been extended till 12, if R’s bladders had not given way 🙂
First things first – The Menu
1. Pani Puri
2. Bhel puri
3. Dahi puri
4. Moong Chilla
6. Paneer Butter Masala
9. Jeera Rice
10. Dal Fry
12. Gulab Jamun
– And R, Amma and I ate only the first three on the list…Dont ask me what RD ate, I hardly saw him in the party..since he was in the organizing committee and kept disappearing at regular intervals to God knows where!
– Not everyone came..but mostly who came had either kids or were just married couples..
– Most commonly heard was ‘we are bored’ and these are from people who refused to participate in the musical chair and other games we tried to play
– Most commonly heard from kids ‘Last year was more fun, yeh bade log khana kabhi finish karenge ufff!’
– Amma had the chaat items and sweets and came down to snooze away to glory by 9.30 :):) She has the best way of welcoming the new year as per her..by sleeping it off 🙂
-We did play musical chairs (I didnt participate because I couldnt run!)
The kids had most fun..RD ran around like crazy in that
The ladies round was pretty drab with a mother daughter duo just walking and playing safe gah!
The senior citizens uncles round was fun…
– We felt that this time, more people came in and mingled a lot more instead of forming groups…
– A guy and I had a minifight on who was cheating in which game 😉 RD just washed his hands off me and went away to the dinner area while I pushed and fought around with that guy :):) It was super fun 🙂
– I refused to take part in a ‘couple game’ with RD but instead chose to play with another mother 😉
– I didnt want to play that stupid Housie game and thankfully God heard it in form of R’s bladder and we rushed down for her to do su-su and I convinced her that the party was over 🙂
And the best part was
R and I lay down side by side till about 1 in the night until RD came down, chatting with each other..yes yes yes..for the first time, I didnt insist she sleep..but we welcomed the new year gossiping with each other about the party, about her friends, day care, about my job..
God! I am so thankful to have a daughter 🙂
Today morning I broke a brand new bottle of Bajaj Almond oil 😦 Darn! what a start to the new year 😦
Thankfully amma agreed to do the clean up since R and I were racing against time…
RM: Oh SHIT!
R: Maine kuch nahi kiya saachimein…Amma ne giraya
RD: The way R ran with that bottle I was wondering if something would happen but R didnt you…you did it eh?
Amma: Forget it you guys, go to work, I will clean
Did I thank God that I have the world’s bestest mother!