okie, this one is the concluding part… Read part 1 (https://readingthroughrsmind.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/of-car-rides-and-devi-calling-and-diwali-holidays-part-1)
and so we reached Appa’s house at about 12 in the afternoon..and then as soon as I went in, I saw Rahul, sitting on my brother’s lap..trust me, seeing your brother’s son on his lap, is one of the best sights in the world ever!
So, I quickly went to wash my hands, and *drumrolls, applause, crackers*, the kiddo came to me without crying..infact he was smiling..yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. (I am not stating the obvious that this one is a kiddo who NEVER cries, always smiles no matter who takes him and is never bugged) but hey, he didnt cry when I picked up…thats the main thing!
We had an amazing Diwali together…
Here are a few pictures of the Rangoli we made
We had a super duper Diwali..we went to a place called ‘Big Foot’ which features the Goan culture in a wonderful manner! and then had food in a spice garden (Appa lost the way and we did some kind of a Goa Darshan!) It was amazing
In the evening, I made pav bhaji while bhabhi, RD and R burnt some sparklers…
It was really nice and it was fun
1. R was very taken by Rahul…she wanted to hold him, cuddle him, practically eat him…my heart was in my mouth most times the way she handled him…I must admit my brother and bhabhi are extremely nice people…the way she handled him..baap rey! I know its love, but its definitely scary love 🙂
2. R had two complaints with Rahul (1) He is always sleeping..jab mein awake hoon, toh woh sleeping hai, jab mein sleeping hoon, toh woh awake hai kyun Amma? (2) Woh jab dekho tab, uske amma ka milk peeta hai, kyun amma, mera biscuit kyun eat nahi kar raha?
3. Rahul is a wonderful child..he hardly cries, is content with his own toys and does not need his mother all the time! He crawls at the speed of light literally..leave him down for a second, and the next second, he is next to the chappals trying to fight them eh?
4. At my Amma’s place, we drink a lot of milk…a lot..dont ask me how, but we do *Rolls eyes*
5. Amma gets worried for the following reasons (1) No water (2) No milk!
6. RD feels we hardly went to Goa because we didnt go out to the beaches too much…My argument – I go to my mom’s house to rest, not to travel around…this is going to be the issue if my parents continue to live in Goa 🙂
7. Everytime I go there, I feel I should stay in the campus forever..its gorgeous, its quiet, its lovely and its got so much space around!
8. I envy my parents’ garden..its superb..they grow amazingly lovely flowers, super duper plants, ginger, kadipatta, haldi, pudina, chillies, and what not…appa wants a vegetable garden, while Amma says the monkeys come and attack the veggies..so thats still the argument at home 🙂
9. R agreed to go to Ahm with bhaiya and bhabhi, she says she will stay with Rahul and go to the same school as my cousin’s kids…Gah! She always travelled with my bhabhi ALL THE TIME we went out..I want mami I want mami and I want mami! I better realise that my baby is grown up and doesnt need me all the time *Gives a scream of glee*
10. Appa left for Paris the day before we left and R was so so worried that my Amma was going to be alone…Amma, thode din idhar rahe thathi ke saath, woh akele kaise live karenge she told me!
11. All in all, a very memorable trip….
We returned on Saturday late night after leaving on Saturday morning…we didnt stop enroute anywhere, except for lunch…It was bad for my bum, but good we reached on Saturday evening..spent the Sunday trying to return to normalcy…everytime I go to my Amma’s place, I come back so so lazy, that life gets tough to get back to normal 🙂
Thats the concluding part of my series… 🙂