We are waiting for the car guy to call us to let us know when the car would get ready..
In the meantime, we were frustrated, RD was even more frustrated, R had given up hope..and RM..well RM was in zen state…(NOT!) imagine wanting a break badly, wanting to go to her parents house after an year and imagine NOT being able to go 😦
Anyways, in all that frustration, the man in the house decides he wants to visit a temple to ask God to get the car get ready faster 😉
We say hello to the God and then I suddenly remembered a Khadi Fest happening nearby..
So at 12.30 in the afternoon in the hot summer (winter in Bombay gah!) sun, the three of us board the scooty and go to the exhibition
RM: we are not buying anything
RD: Then why are we going
RM: Do you have anything better to do ?
so we go there…and we first buy a couple of earrings for me and one elephant for Rahul and errr..nothing for R…
We decide to go out..and then…then..I see this Bamboo ka sofa…Click, I get reminded of Sangi’s blog where she had featured a lot of her house stuff…and then I called RD to look at it..its big enough to seat big people like us and it looks really nice…What say ? I ask RD
and then that guy who is selling it in the exhibition comes and starts his sales pitch..RD and I are impressed and even more impressed by the fact that he offered water to R when she was getting cranky 🙂 and then, we just bought it…go figure..from buying nothing to ending up buying a really really expensive Sofa set…we paid the advance..told the guy to deliver it next Sunday and then we walked out
As RD sat on the two wheeler, he started laughing..aloud…I thought the combination of the heat plus the fact that he spent a lot of money just gave him some kind of a hysterical mood..
RM: Kya hua rey
RD: RM, we must be the only people on earth who go into an exhibition ‘just to browse’ and end up buying a sofa set that costs half our salary
Anyways, its done..if it looks good in our house, I will put up some pictures
And then we came home…and ate our lunch
As we were lazing around, RD’s phone rang
RD: Kya, ho gaya car?
R and I screamed so loudly that RD thought something happened 🙂
In 2 minutes (I exaggerate not!) we were ready to leave..didnt I mention I had the kitchen clean the last night!
We left..took a rick filled it with 5 luggages (Dont judge, we were going to my parents house for ahem! a week!!) and then went to the car garage
Boarded the car and off we went 🙂
Yes yes…at 2.30 in the afternoon…in the blazing sun of Bombay..we are definitely nuts! but R’s enthusiasm was so much, that we really didnt have a choice 🙂
As soon as we tried to get out of Bombay, we got stuck in a major major jam..guess the whole of Bombay was trying to get out of Bombay 🙂
We just didnt have a choice…we waited and waited…R got tired and went off to sleep..
We finally reached the Pune expressway after THREE HOURS! yes, three bloody hours to get out of Bombay…I swear I am quitting this place for sure soon!
Few observations as a reluctant traveller
1. I wonder how people can travel for so long sitting at one position…my bum is definitely protesting…by a. growing bigger and b. by going numb
2. I dont have any patience for traffic..I was getting frustrated just sitting next to RD and I am wondering how the guy was driving through that traffic..it was horrible honestly…
3. We went overboard stocking up junk food for ourselves…
4. I cant imagine driving for so long…It was so so tiring..I really admire people who travel long distances by road
5. The bus and truck drivers – a big big salute…I would NEVER ever do their job, I swear!
6. Night driving – I am definitely NOT a fan, though RD was pretty cool driving through the highway to Kolhapur..we took a halt there overnight…We reached there at 11 in the night and I swear, I was so so tired that my eyes were closing by themselves, if RD wasnt in his senses, I dont know how we would have reached that place!
7. Navigation – I am the worst navigator EVER! RD wanted me to record the kms, time, etc etc on a piece of paper which he had even printed out the way he wanted it, and I couldnt do it..we ended up in a big fight in the car because I lost the pen *rolls eyes* I couldnt record anything! I tried doing it with R’s crayons which resulted in even bigger a fight!
8. I got worried every time RD overtook someone..RD feels at this rate, I can never be a good passenger!
Next day morning at Kolhapur, we were just plain lucky
1. We got up at about 5ish and reached the temple at about 6ish..we got an aarti and absolutely amazing darshan!
2. One man came as God to us, he took us into the temple, showed us where to give the prasad, where to give the oodhni, and how to get out..we dont know who he is..he just came, helped and went away
3. The locals are the only ones who were there so early in the morning and they were amazing people..smiling and helpful
4.Some old uncle came and just put some prasad in my hand and told me to give it to my daughter…I was so flabbergast that I didnt even have time to react
5. All this proves, goodness still exists in this world 🙂
and so we went ahead, and reached Goa at about 12ish in the afternoon 🙂
Next post – Meeting Rahul, Diwali Celebrations and Laziness in the air…Thats the concluding one okie?