1. Posted three T shirts..trust me one of them was done in August or something…Finally went to a post office and got them speed posted *Looks so totally proud* Now I learnt that painting T shirts is the easy part, posting them requires too much effort!
2. Saw a movie in a theatre WITHOUT RD! Yep thats definitely an achievement…one – because its a movie in a theatre and two its without RD 🙂 this has never happened before…oh for the sake of records – It was English Vinglish and I must admit, I loved it…it may have its moments of craziness, but overall I loved the movie..and if my daughter turns out to be anything like Sridevi’s daughter in the movie, I would be so so sad 😦
And after a long time, I actually cried in a movie..darn! its so embarrassing 😦 and upar se, I wear specs…do you know how difficult it is to wipe tears putting your hand through your specs in such a way that the person sitting next to you does not suspect that you are crying…very tough indeed!
3. Came home and slept for two hours…without R…which meant no kicking 🙂
4. Went to the temple on Saturday after a long time..picked up R and then came back home…figured out what google hangout is all about *Looks proud* without RD’s help..yipeeeeeee
5. Got up at 5.30 in the morning and went walking with a friend in a park..we did officially 2.1 kilometres..good part is that the effort for training for the Bombay Marathon has started..the bad part is, the body is screaming silently but effectively about the lack of exercise! we plan to meet up every Sunday :):)
6. RD got bitten..very very badly infact…by that darn thing he otherwise escapes for 364 days an year…
by the cleanliness bug…and so much so that we cleaned the windows, fans, balcony, got the plants in shape…and cleaned the swami shelf before mahalaya amavasya…*looks proud*
Now our house resembles a hospital undergoing renovation with all the pillows striped of covers and sofa devoid of cover..well its at least better than resembling Howrah station eh?
7. cleaned R’s and my shelf…and I threw away 15 t shirts…of mine..I kid not…shirts I know I will never fit into..shirts I know are faded beyond wear..gave them away to the garbage lady who looked at me as if Christmas came early for her 🙂
8. Bought a chaniya choli for R *Pats RD and self on the back* our first buy of a traditional garment for her…only to come home and realise that there is absolutely no connection between the colour of the chunni and the chaniya choli..but hey, its a good start eh?
That was my weekend, what did you achieve over your weekend?
ETA: Also achieved, reading to R, her first non-picture, novelish book which had ten chapters..and she didnt get bored, neither asked me to not read …well well. it did have some pictures, but mostly I was reading..and we finished the book in 2 days (keeping the bookmark ahem ahem in place!)..and started re-reading again this morning…dont know how long it will last, but hey, its a record worthy event…Thanks Smitha 🙂