Yes, I cant think of a more exciting title though this post is all about my blogmeet excitement 🙂
So, RD told me one fine day that he has decided to run.
RM: toh bhag na rey
RD: no no RM, run the marathon in Bangalore
RM: Kyun, abhi toh you went, why you want to go again..and waise bhi, these Bangalore walas keep how many marathons in an year eh?
RD: arey this one is amazing, its called the Kaveri Trail marathon and I so want to do it
RM: okie go ahead
RD: so do you want to come to Bangalore with me
RM: hmpf! how can I run as well…who will take care of the brat then?
RD: no baba, do you want to come with me just like that….
RM: No! no money for all of us to go
RD:Well, I was thinking you could meet up with your perima and cousin AND meet up with your blogger friends you know…after all, they called me and all that and even came to meet me last time
now you know why I married this guy eh?
So it was decided due to lack of finances or what I perceived to be lack of finances, we would go by train (which mean one day off from work) and come back by flight..and so the tickets were booked and leaves were approved etc etc
then I wrote to a set of girls (SEVEN in total) hoping at least one would show up 🙂
but much to my delight, ALL OF THEM agreed and they even turned up..
go on and read about the baap of all blog meets 🙂 (Well at least in my life 🙂 )
And of course the kiddos
4. R (This one is not my R, but Uma’s R)
In total, 8 women and 7 kiddos…
Venue: LTT’s house, which is in reality is a palace 🙂
1. Gems in bowls…I mean, gems in katoris for the kids..can you believe that lady is so so generous that she gave them gems in katoris…*Breathes slowly and still cant believe it*
2. Bhel puri..yes yes boss, bhel puri (I ate 4 bowls of only bhelpuri)
3. Jam sandwich…yummmmmm
4. Amazing home made Brownie courtesy the amazing Seema..I mean I have told her so many times to leave Abbas and come to me 😉
5. Ice cream (I didnt eat, promise, thanks to my horrid throat ache)
6. Chips (hey you didnt give me that why?)
7. Rasagulla from haldirams which both SS and Uma got…I was suppose to take a tin back to Bombay (excuse me, I was the special guest remember) but I forgot darn!
8. Samosas – I heard LTT saying they were good, but excuse me, with bhel around that too home made, why would I eat samosas..
To spoil LTT’s house to the fullest, with spills, screams, shoutings, and fun
LTT’s Chutku was kind enough to share ALL his toys…
So step 1: Let the kids loose
2. Let them create a din so much that I am wondering if LTT’s parents will ever let us enter their house
3. Let them fight about the toys and then each respective mother pretends to teach their kid how to share and fails miserable..so just turn a blind eye and let them solve it themselves
4. Poohi is the oldest but surprisingly she is NOT the gang leader
5. Its Chutku’s house but he is NOT the gang leader
6. Uma’s R has learnt that the safest way to handle a group of 5 girls is IGNORE them and concentrate on the cars, buses and a broken aeroplane wich RM aunty encourages him to take as if its hers
7. Mannu has decided to ignore my R and just eat those gems
8. Tammu is pretending to be friendly with Garima aunty and SS didi and playing ball with them
9. In the mean time, the brat of the day (read R) is instigating everyone to go upstairs and generally making random sounds and teasing the little boys..
10. S of Nithvin realises that putting up rings in the stick is a fun game until everyone else wants to play it 😉
11. Brat R is now successful in going up the stairs despite LTT screaming at Chutku not to go
12. Now Chutku is climbing the stairs from outside the grill and asking R to come with him
13. Now R has succeed in asking Poohi didi to come with her who is reluctant because LTT aunty said no, but RM just gives her a wink and up she goes
14. Tammu has gone up as well and Mannu waits a second, gives me a naughty smile and follows
15: S realises rings are boring and follows
16. Uma’s R realises no noise is around him, looks up from his aeroplane and goes up in a minutes
17. Now R has successfully taken all the kids up and they learn the art of going up and down, down and up..and thus creating noise of the century
in the meantime, the ladies have exchanged notes, ragged SS to the fullest, (well, I ragged her, the others were kind enough to ask me to shut up), ensured high sound levels, and full stomach, and talked and talked and talked and well..you know talked..
1. SS is telling her love story, did you know that the word computer is a code for your boyfriend – well SS’s friend thought that
2. Love stories involve a lot of talking…yes they do *rolls eyes*
3. RM has no patience and wants to know about the proposal until she is asked to shut up by Uma and Smitha
4. Rosogullas taste amazing when they are eaten in twos
5. Uma has gorgeous hair!
6. Smitha doesnt look her age at all! Both Seema and I asked her if she was as old as she said she was gah!
7. Nithvin is the biggest sport ever..she came despite recovering from a fracture and her Vin is really sweet eh? I ragged him totally
RM: errr…Vin can you come here for a minute
RM: now take our pictures will you
Vin: scared: of course of course
RM: grin grin 😉
8. Garima was so confused at how many kids were there, that she just got some clips and books…and she got the exact number of clips for the girls
9. R and I had a fight on how she should not be taking the books bought for the boys, until Garima intervened and asked me to just give eh?
10. Seema is an amazing cook..oh well, I said that earlier didnt I?
11. LTT is very very generous..she opened her absolutely amazing house to a bunch of crazy kids and crazier blogger friends 🙂
12. While discussing the next meet, I invited all of them to Bombay, there was a pregnant pause and then they were discussing on how Smitha’s house is a good option gah!
13. SS is secretly happy at the venue of her wedding..she knows her wedding wont be gate crashed 😉
14. I so want that bhelpuri..okie, I already said that twice!
15: R spills water on the carpet…RM is screaming. R looks up and I tell her..go get a poocha from inside…she just goes into the kitchen, looks around, sees LTT and Seema busy cooking, comes out..in the meantime, Smitha has taken tissues and cleaned it and says okie its fine…R looks at Smitha (she is distracted) looks at me and says Dekho Amma, aunty ne ekdum clean and dry kar diya na! well…I give up..
16. Seema and Abbas come to pick me up..and then while dropping back Seema confesses something..
Seema: RM you know what, I recognized you
RM: Wow you did, how rey
Seema: Well, I have seen so many pictures of yours and R’s from the back on the blog, that since you were facing the other side, I quickly recognized your back sides
17. Blog meets are the funnest in this world okie?
Thanks for coming across people..a lot of my comments I have censored but written to you all in the mails..
thank you and more thank you
Now you know why I think Bangalore is wonderful eh
Next post – The train trip, the food by perima and the metro adventure
Since I am a drama queen, let me clarify that despite having crepe bandage on my left foot and suffering from a severe sore throat, I actually went for the blogger meet..heheheheeh 🙂
PS 1.I was so happy learning that SS is getting married after reading her post on Thursday that I jumped from my seat, in so much excitement that I twisted it so badly that I had to limp my way to the doctor before getting into the train and get an injection on my backside. I threatened to strangle SS on meeting her which I did, after hitting her properly on her backside 😉 Revenge like they say, is sweet eh?
PS 2. – I sent a clarification email yesterday to these folks mentioning how my voice is actually very sweet and I was suffering from a sore throat on the day we met.
Nithvin mails back saying “Good you cleared my doubt you voice did sound sweeter over the phone a couple of months ago. So, was wondering what happened to it :D.”
Ps 3 – We didnt get too many pictures…go figure…8 women and not even 10 pictures..that too we toook at the last minute…I am not putting up any because most of the bloggers dont really put up pictures 🙂