I liked you a lot 🙂
Its weird that there is something about you that I am not able to place. Like you know, when I go to Calcutta, I usually get a feeling of lethargy, a feeling of relaxation when I reach there, and coming back to Bombay makes me want t o run and catch that train RIGHT NOW kind of feeling. With Baroda its always I am at home feeling, while Ahmedabad is always about soaking in a cultural delight. But with you, Bangalore, I am not able to pin point what it is all about. I liked you, you have an aura of being nice and sweet and kind of small towned with the new city atmosphere jostling in space with an old town feeling. Errr…I know I know, I am yet to figure out what I feel about you, but in short I liked you.
Few things from a short weekend trip to you, Bangalore, in pointers.
1. I forgot my mobile phone charger (IDIOT RM!), which means I couldnt call a lot of people I wanted to, including Sangi, Artnavy, Choxbox and Sandhya. Ladies, an apology mail will follow 😦 I didnt have access to mails, no numbers, darn! my memory is getting pathetic
2. No high rise buildings!. It surprised me. RD says you didnt see the whole of Bangalore, but trust me, in Bombay, the high rises hit you on the face, but Bangalore it was nice old buildings, superb bungalows, amazing houses.
3. Bangalore, you are not just green, you are colourful. The riot of colourful flowers that you have made me feel as if I was in some exotic land, the bright reds, the lovely oranges, the delightful pinks, the lemony yellows, you sure are colourful eh?
4. The super duper pampering from my aunty and cousin. I got my head massaged with oil, my hair tangle removed, got a choti done and a french plait my cousin did for me.
5. the food – Its a post in itself, but in short aunty made everything I loved and the taste was to die for.
6. Your airport Bangalore, I am impressed. the super duper entrance, the absolutely amazingly exotically well maintained landscaped gardens, the prompt service at the counters, the food plaza, its super.
7. The bus service from cousin’s place to Airport – SUPER impressed!
8. of course, being a Mumbaikar, I see some jealousy creeping in, but the Metro boss! ekdum superb. Yes, we went just two stations on Sunday just to sit in the Metro, yaa yaa we are kids, but I loved it. and oh we had an adventure there as well, which I need to put down. Dont ask *rolls eyes*
9. Of course, Bangalore, you must be wondering how it rained on Saturday night. Arey, RM had come na thats why *rolls eyes again*
10. Last but not the least, a super duper Blogger meet, with All invitees attending. Thats a separate post darling Bangalore, a separate post in itself….coming as soon as one of the ladies oblige me with some photographs 🙂
Thank you Bangalore, for a lovely weekend. Its been one of those weekends, I want to write a lot about, and I will. I promise.
and oh, for those interested, RD finished his run in 1 hour and 10 minutes, amazing eh?