So this uncle of mine…he thinks my brother is the only one among of the various kids he knows whom luck has eluded…and said the same to my Amma.
My Amma, well she didnt say anything…
but my brother
1. He has a job..a decent one
2. He works with his friends..no like actual friends
3. He is married and seems pretty much happy in it
4. He has a house in his name…lovely flat in Ahm in a pretty good locality where stuff is available at stone’s throw distance…he needs milk, hop,skip, jump and viola its there..errr…my bhabhi doesnt even miss Kerala..she has a Kerala store at walking distance..
5. He has a car
6. Both he and bhabhi have their own vehicles
7. He car pools for his work – a half an hour drive on the highway (earlier it used to be 10 minutes)
8. He leaves at 9 and comes home by 7ish
9. He gets up at 7 in the morning
10. He can afford to go out during the weekends and buy stuff which he wants without thinking too much about the finances etc etc
11. He has lovely neighbours who feed him and keep stuff for him and bhabhi if they both are late from work or something and dont close their front door till they hear RMB or bhabhi opening their house door
12. He has a maid with whom he can leave his housekeys and she comes and does the work and extra work and keeps everything spic and span and she even cooks for them if need be..absolutely home made Gujju food!!!!
13. He is pretty contended in life and the only things that seem to agitate him are train timings and flight fares 🙂
14. He loves his work, his life and his city
15. He can make time out to pursue a hobby (that he is a lazy guy is something we are not dwelling on!)
15: For his just born son, there are great schools nearby, he will get to spend quality time with him because he can come back from work on time, etc etc
But my uncle, he feels RMB is very unlucky because
1. He has never been abroad
2. He is not having his bath in money
3. He works for a firm which is pretty small with no global connections (except US!)
Errr…now when I read this as I write, I am pretty sure I think he is like the LUCKIEST GUY ON EARTH BOSS!!!
I mean what the hell is unlucky in his life..can he really WANT anything more??
Look at me in contrast …well just as an example
1. I get up at bloody 4.30 in the morning
2. I travel for 3.5 hours daily to work and back
3. I dont have a cook or neighbours I can really lean back on (well my neighbours are great people though, but no one keeps their doors open as in case of RMB)
4. My maid is anything but a maid *rolls eyes*
5. I dont get to spend more than 4 hours a day with the brat…
and yet I am lucky because I live in Bombay???
How many of us are really really lucky in life? and again…whats your definition of luck???
On a different note, please read here on why RM thinks that India may after all be shining