…..Bring a smile on your face
– Your brat finishing NINE pani puris and looking at the uncle and saying ‘Thank you uncle, bahut mast tha’ and uncle blushes and gives four sukha puris instead of two *and RM was kind enough to share two of those with her kid*
– A rickshaw wala happily narrating you a story about how kids love the pink coloured seats in his rickshaw, after your pint sized tells you ‘Amma, yeh rick mein toh pink colour hai, mereko bahut like hota hai'(amma, this rickshaw is pink in colour and I like it a lot)
– A conductor being kind enough to come and ask you if you wanted change remembering that yesterday you had asked him for it and he didnt have enough to give it to you 🙂
– Your friend’s father telling you ‘tu har baar dekhta hoon patli hoti jaa rahi hai’ (Everytime I see you, you are getting thinner) only for you to smile then and later realise ‘Imagine how fat(er) I was in college’
– Your daughter looking at the tiny feet of a 6 month old and saying ‘Amma kiske toes itne small kyun hai’ (Amma, why are her toes so small)
– For the first time in 30 years, seeing the nail of your smallest finger of your right hand grow! *Yep, I bite my nails :(*
– Seeing a father carry his small baby in his right hand and hold the hand of his older child with his left and very sweetly explaining to BOTH of them that they have to wait before they can cross the road!
– Seeing your child’s friend’s father lift her sky high and make her look at the ant/insect on the tree just as she insists he indulge her the same way he was indulging his son 🙂
– Watch your child look in wonder at a real nest 🙂
– Listen to your child tell Mr. Zevanti, Mr. Tulsi and Mr. Kadipatta to watch her gulp down the milk and listen to her Amma just like she listens *Rolls eyes*
– See a three year old guy shy away when you ask him for a kiss 🙂
– Seeing your kid jump up and down chanting ‘bhindi, bhindi, bhindi’ when she sees that I am making bhindi roast and rotis for her *She sure is obessessed with it!*
– Watching your college friend’s child and your child interact with each other even though they havent met earlier, as if they are the best friends ever 🙂
– Hearing your child look at a picture of Asha Parekh and Shammi Kapoor and say ‘Amma, yeh toh o mere sona rey wale uncle aunty hai’!!!
And then of course, start your weekend with a Rism!
I am busying tying the brat’s hair today morning as we are having our usual race against time..and as usual the brat is reading the books which have been left from the previous night’s reading..
R is ‘reading’ the hungry caterpillar wala story and I am pretty amazed to see her identify the fruits and food and all that….
When she comes up with this..
The English says something in these lines ‘The caterpillar had a stomach ache’
R: The caterpillar ka pet is dukhing!!!
and then the English in the book says ‘And he turned into a beautiful butterfly’
R: And he banaoing a mast butterfly!!
This girl’s language is sure going to drive me crazy…