1) RD got lost..no no not like lost -lost….lost as in we lost our way from the hotel to the mandapam!…yes yes yes yes yes…I am joyful…yaa yaa he married a sadist…imagine what I havent witnessed in SIX make it 6.5 years, I witnessed in Trivandrum…I was so happy that we got lost!!! Total Blogworthy moment!!!
2) The road to the hotel is kinda busy..well at least for Trivandrum standards…so RD, R and I are trying to cross it..we cross half the road and turn the other side to see a bus approaching…I am not carrying R, she is walking..my heart is in my mouth..the bus driver actually STOPPED…I mean actually stopped for us to cross and gave us a wave…I was shocked at his niceness..R gave him a beautiful smile back..:)
3) R has decided that she is settling down in Coimbatore with my SIL’s in laws..apparantly her Coimbatore thatha and thathi are nice and give her what she wants and she doesnt want to attend school any more
4) We were eating kara vadai when the ‘thali’ cermony was on..yes we are cool cousins that ways…I didnt want to see the emotional moment…I get too filmy and all that..so we decided to eat the famed karavadai of Trivandrum
5) The driver of the car which chittappa hired was kinda weird…he got angry at RD because RD asked him to drop us back to the hotel for the second time in 2 hours..he tells RD’ how many times do you want to go’ RD didnt say anything and said can you please take us!!!
6) Pothys is definitely NOT the place to shop for anything…Shail had given me a list of shops to go shopping, but unfortunately most of them were closed on Sunday..someone suggested Pothys and I will never go there again..its SO DAMN CONFUSING!!!! I mean bloody 6 stores of clothes…and IT WAS FULL…where is the recession in India man?
7) The Bong connection continues…we found a shop where we got sweets for R to eat and the guys serving there turned out to be Bongs from Howrah…RD spoke in chaste Bong and the guys were so happy 🙂
8) The next time I travel by Jet Airlines, I am going to order the child meal..its so damn much better than the sad food they serve the adults
9) R is getting to be crazier by the day…after the annual day (Seema, post coming up later in the week) she is singing songs like ‘Nursery C ka song che ‘ angrezi mein bolu chu ke ‘I love you’, Gujarati ma bolu chu ke’ prem karu chu’ and then Nursery E ka song hai ‘Saar pe topi laal aur daal ke laal laal laal oye tera kahena laal’ – All through the wait to the aeroplane to Mumbai she drove me and RD crazy with this song…the laaal wala song…uffff!!!! and oh she also does actions of the topi on her head and all that….infact she was a good entertainment factor to the bored people at the airport!
10) The rick guys are surprising very nice in Trivandrum…we got cheated only once…the guy charged us some Rs.100 from the beach to hotel which while going we paid only Rs.60..but thats okie..otherwise really nice and sweet people 🙂
11) Leaving with an Rism
RD: R, who all are there in your class
RD: do you have marathis in the class?
R: No, there are marathis, Engleeesh, Hindis…
RD: oh! so what are you, R?
The brat thinks for two seconds
R: main toh Gujarati hoon
*Just to clarify, her class has about 98% Gujju students*
Note a proud mother and a heart broken father around her…
See see..all this training in Gujju is of use heheheheh *Sticks tongue out at RD*