Its six years and we are still together…well technically and legally together….actually you are in Australia enjoying the sun and the sand..(what I know I know conference and all that!) and I am in Mumbai enjoying the dirt and the rush 🙂
We spent six years together can you believe it?
…your extremely number calculating mind is furiously trying to actually calculate the years since we got married and just to tell you, for a change, I am right…we actually did six years okie 🙂
We did manage to create R together…seems to be a pretty decent feat in six years eh?
Last year, I did the thingie posts inspired by Sue …but this year, I think I am going to make this a non-thingie post….I am going to write stuff which I get bugged at you about..okie..so stop reading further NOW, though this is the first letter I wrote to you in the blog okie? 🙂
– your habit of being correct with numbers…I HATE that about you..okie lemme tone it down and just say I AM JEALOUS..while I manage to calculate stuff WRONG even after using excel, here is a guy who can do bloody mental maths like its his birth right…gah!
– your habit of responding faster to the phone than to human voice..no seriously…I have realised with experience (after all six years is no mean feat) that the easiest way to wake you up (of course we are not discussing launching R on you with a vengeance!) is to call you on your phone..no seriously!
– your habit of watching sports..AND the re-run of matches…I mean boss, I can understand watching something live (Actually I cant, I am just trying to pretend to be nice to you since its our anniversary and all that) but watching re-runs..again and again..too much yaar!
– your habit of watching that stupid movie ‘Suryavansham’ with Amitabh in it…how many times RD, how many times???
– your habit of answering me AFTER 10 minutes of my giving you instructions and all you say is ‘huh, what?‘ why why why, am I wasting my breath bolo bolo?
– your habit of passing me the phone when you dont want to talk to relatives..very smart eh?
– your habit of doing every thing the last minute, especially packing (yaa yaa referring to last week’s Australian packing) and then saying ‘well, it works for me’ yaa right!
– your habit of buying expensive clothes and jewellery for R and me..we dont even wear it rey!
– your habit of folding clothes ulta..no sorry, I dont buy your logic that we can make it seedha while wearing it…it doesnt make sense AT ALL okie?
and so much more I want to write, but then six years and nine things are enough na to write :):)
and of course I do love you..you know that right…
In six years what I cherish the most is that we give each other our own space…we know where to draw a line and where to cross it..we realise that we dont HAVE to spend every second together and you going out with your friends is equally important as me going out with my friends…
The total faith and trust we have in each other is something I relish and makes me believe that the six years will go on to sixty hopefully 🙂
We believe in strict quotas of fights every week and I am glad to tell you that we are meeting the numbers every week 🙂 (What? I keep a book of fights which I havent shown you)
Yes we both lose our tempers and talk nonsense, but in six years, I have realised that the bottom line is love…(no, I am not going to forget what you told me about my chacheri mama ke mameri bhai ke wife ka step sister okie 😉 )
I am so glad that you have FINALLY realised that what makes me happy is an egg roll from Hangla and Harry Potter from flipkart and not that scary big diamond necklace from Zaveri…it took you six..okie lets make it 5.5 years to realise that..and all the jewellery you bought for me in the meantime are resting their asses in the bank locker *rolls eyes*
I, of course, have my moments, of ‘why did I marry this guy?‘ but then they are sure to pass of quickly 🙂
We are a team together, working on the cracks and strengthening the links..lets keep it this way na 🙂
Happy Anniversary RD!!!
PS :oh yes, just get me that back pack from Australia will ya…what man, anniversary gift wonly I am asking 🙂
PPS – no, I am not giving you anything this anniversary, I gave you R na..enough to last you a lifetime, and obviously wrote the first letter to you on the blog for the records purpose 🙂