This is what they come up with now..
and then of course the lovely Suranga came up with this super funny blogpost it was even before I went in for UID…I should have just read the post and then let it go..but then RD had already taken the appointment, so we went ahead..
only for me to read this in the next weekend..
I tell you, I am like a panvati…You know panvati…I dont know how to explain it..its a very typical mumbaiyya term (CR, can you help?) its like that thing which always causes the trouble..
I have realised after crossing thirty and maturing and all that…I am a pretty much a panvati…I have loads of instances to prove it to myself
– The UID Scheme!
– The train stops right between Jogeshwari and Andheri only when I board it…and when I am not on it, I get reports that the train stoppages have decreased now! Why me?
– The buses…so we have an east going bus and a west going bus…I go by either of the buses depending on the situation…I have ladies in each of the buses who heave a breath of relief whenever I board the other bus on which they are NOT sitting…why? because whichever bus I board, no matter what date or day, its late..always late…
I get daggers whenever I board a bus in the evening..seriously..saachmein..I kid not..
I have people telling me ‘arey aaj mere bete ka match hai, mujhe thoda jaldi hai..zara west ke bus mein jana please’ (today is my son’s match, I am in a hurry, can you take the west bus?)
and then I have people telling me ‘RM, tu ekdum panvati hai..jis din mera train hoyega, dont take my bus (RM, you are a panvati, the day I have to catch a train, dont take my bus) see…can you beat this?
– or how only when I climb onto the office lift, it stops on EVERY DAMN Floor..most days I take the stairs..but some days when I am tired, I take the lift..and this happens
– or the flights get delayed/postponed and in one case even cancelled when I was travelling!
– or the traffic being stopped in exactly the lane or direction I am going..if I am going north to south, the south traffic is stalled, if I go south to north, the north traffic is stalled 😦
Its pretty silly infact…I am sure it happens to a lot of people, but I am not sure how many people have been accused of being a ‘panvati’
In my previous office as well, I was a known panvati…if something didnt have to happen, I would ensure it would happen..like a client meeting postponed or the office party date changed..or something like that…
like you know, whatever you touch turns to Gold in case of Midas…in my case, whatever I think/act/do turns wrong!!!
I am seriously thinking of having a board around me saying ‘Main Panvati hoon, talk at your risk’
Anyways, I guess all that natak about UID may ultimately turn to be a waste gah!