and I took half day leave..thats why the delay in posting
okie first things first
Last Wednesday R came with a circular in her dairy saying that they have sports day and whoever is selected for the finals will need to report in at 8.30 at a playground near her school
I was super happy that she didnt get selected since there was no circular about that..which means I can just go to office and dont need to take half day and all that!
…when on Friday
the brat comes up with a circular that says that she has been selected for 20 metres running race…(the other race was under the chair race)
anyways, which means between RD and I, I decided to take a half day..thinking if the events start at 9, but 12 they should get over, which means I can get to office by one
So R and I reached the place by 8.15
First the good things
1) The teachers had done a superb job….they made the Sr. Kg kids do march past, the Jr. kg kids did exercises and danced on ‘waka waka’ there was a prayer dance, there was superb gymastics…Amazing..hats off to them
2) The kids were AMAZING absolutely awesome..it was great the way they withstood the heat, the delay and yet gave amazing performances….superb…
And now the bad…(sorry SAB, but I have to take this out of the system)
1) The parents…I am appalled that despite them announcing like a MILLION times parents refused to sit, waved at their kids, took photographs and crowded around the participants pandal…I mean its horrible
2) The teachers actually stopped the races and refused to take the program ahead and YET parents didnt understand…I mean its horrid..just plain horrid..the announcer went to the extent of saying ‘if you dont practice discipline, how will your kids learn it’ seriously!
3) I nearly had a fight with a lady….she kept standing up and blocking everyone’s views…three people told her..she didnt hear, I told her politely ‘madam please sit we cant see’
Her: Toh main kya karu
RM: But madam we also want to see
Her: I cant see
RM: yes you can, there is no one ahead of you
Her: I need to take pictures
RM: But they said no pictures
she made a face at me…I shouted, you cant be so selfish..and then she sat down..and after that gave me so many daggers that I would have died if looks could kill!
4) Another parent asked me to block a seat..There wwas lack of seat and I told her, I cant block it for you, but incase someone comes to your seat, I will get up and give you mine
She tells her neighbour ‘what a selfish lady’
5) I think encouraging your kids is one thing, but shouting at your kid to run faster or else…is something I would never do..and if their kids won, they would behave as if they have one the olympics…I swear, I am happy for them, but to create a scene, is a bit weird…and honestly the kids didnt care, they were having fun!!!
6) The teachers didnt know if the actual races were finals or semi finals..which meant that I had to call RD from his office to come since we didnt know whether we had to wait or move..and honestly I asked 4 teachers..they all said WE dont know..how can you not know..you are the teacher na?
Anyways, all in all it was fun…
I saw R running with what RD calls her tataka pataka run…but she enjoyed..thats important..
RD came, I left and then she apparently cried a bit for me…but its okie…the worst part is she may think her mom didnt wait for her…I did baby, I waited till the very end, but had to leave because I had to catch the train 🙂
RD dropped her to the daycare and she is back to her cushion 🙂
and so the kiddo ran the race..and we had fun..
and oh by the way, she came in second in the 20 metre running race and apparantly got a medal..
What, one parent sees the race, the other sees the medal cermony..we afterall, believe in equality eh?
*Apology to SAB, because she had once commented that I usually write positive things on my blog..but guess I had to take this out of my system 🙂
ETA: The brat would have come first, if she wasnt busy turning around asking her friend to hurry up *rolls eyes*