And so I am taking a break from the chronicles to announce to the world (well at least the few people who read me!) that I completed 30 years on planet Earth today!
yes THIRTY! the big THREE ZERO
but what is it to me…nothing…its just another day…I got up, made dabba, got chocolates from RD and then some phone calls and just a normal day in the life of RM 😉
So what are some random 30 things in no particular order or priority or not even what I consider to be my best..just the first random 30 things that came to my head when I was composing my post (may be this should become a tag!), for the first thirty years of my life
1) Managed to con people into believing that I actually grew up
2) Acquired a new family by marrying RD
3) Managed to convince people (and myself) that I can be maternal at least at times by giving birth to R
4) Acquired a home again by marrying RD…
5) Graduated out of college with good marks convincing the parents that they did me good 😉
6) managed to get a degree in dance thanks to a super nice teacher
7) Changed two companies and earned a decent name in all of them..which means I am financially independent..or I pretend to be…
8) Visited two foreign lands – Dubai and London…What? Dubai is foreign for me okie?
9) Managed to learn how to drive a two wheeler and four wheeler and then got married to a guy who loves to drive which means I am un learning the above now 😉 and before you throw brickbats at me…I really dont like driving four wheelers..two wheelers are fun..but four wheeler driving gives me jibbers!
10) Convinced myself to cut my hair in style though it still resembles a crow’s nest..(but we are talking about achievements here!)
11) Changed my weight from 50 to 80 to 50 and back to 70 now…Well I do like my food you see
12) Cooking for the past 10 years without poisoning anyone 😉
13) Made zillions of friends, lost zillions of them, got back in touch with many of them
14) Created a blog at the ripe age of 28 and still continue to update it
15) Banged all the cars which I have driven (anyone else who got such an achievement) *Preens*
16) Managed to learn a smattering of new languages, not proficient in any, but again we are talking about achievements here
17) Lost some wonderful folks in my life but gained some new small cute folks who I am sure will turn out to be wonderful as well
18) Made some amazing blogger friends
19) Ran a half marathon and completed it before 3.5 hours…well its an achievement okie?
20) Passed CAT with decent marks but missed doing my MBA
21) Missed going to a journalism school because of lack of funds 🙂
22) Danced at my own wedding to aaja na chule meri chunneri sanam shocking the Tambram community in general and earning a hug from the not-yet-husband in public 😉 and then again, managed to laugh through my entire wedding which made the in laws think I was happy leaving the parents’ house 😉
23) Managed to irritate the brother as much as possible and yet make him love me 😉
24) Acquired a fissure problem which seems to be never ending!
25) Got published in a children’s magazine at the ripe age of 12..what I am showing off here..my birthday na! and of course NEVER after that!
26) Danced in a college fest without any shame or worry
27) Walked home in the night at 12 in Mumbai without worrying about anyone or anything
28) Eaten pizzas during my pregnancy once with my boss till I almost vomited (The boss got super worried and made me walk like a 100 rounds of the office..this was during my 6th month ;))
29) Had a rocking courtship period with RD with fights, gifts, secret phone calls, love messages and lovely food!
30) Finally, managed to convince people that I am really 30…and so posted this on the blog
Etc etc etc
and what I plan to do before I turn 40
I cant come up with anything..or does that just show that I am an underachiever!
Well..I live life one day at a time and for the rest, I married RD..;)
I cant really think of stuff to do..like how some people want to go bungee jumping, or visit Paris, or go on a wildlife tour or something…
Surprisingly, there is nothing of that sort I want to do…not that if RD takes me on a tour to Europe, I am going to say no or something…but its not like I WANT TO GO!
I dont have any aspirations at all…I just want to be happy, contented, fight with RD and bring up my child in the right way
I could say I want to help the needy, enrich people’s lives, start a school for the underpreviledged, etc etc, but I am not sure I can do that in the next 10 years..does that make me a selfish human being?
I could state stuff, like you know, losing weight or getting a designer suit or something..but again I should only wish for the possible not for the impossible
So on the birthday, I toast to myself and say that
and oh Tharani, just for the records, I DID NOT open your advanced birthday greetings till today..thank you so much for it..muah to you!…and my name is definitely not Sarojini!!!
And Ratzz…it was 12 midnight when you called darling..I was in Snoozeland!
and by the way SAB called me Amrithavarshini yesterday..guess what its raining today in Mumbai!!!!!