Yaa I can come up with such profound learnings..
What?? Its just going to help you in future okie?
And so we worked on Saturday…but for compensation RD ordered Pizzas in the night….I love these thin crust pizzas you can eat as much as you want and dont even feel full…thinking if I should just do a weekly order…I wish I was rich enough 🙂
Lesson #1: Always eat thin crust pizzas for Saturday evening dinner 😉
The rains Gods have been blessing Mumbai since like Friday evening…
Oh did I mention that I travelled by train on Saturday and it felt so much at home…I am definitely getting weird by the day..
I could run and catch the train despite the rains, board a running train (No RD it wasnt fast, it had just chugged on okie?) and then get off the crowd without falling 😉 and then in the evening, I could run the entire distance from east of Andheri to west of Andheri and board a pretty crowded train without being elbowed or anything
Lesson #2: Boarding mumbai locals is like cycling..you never forget how to do it
and then Sunday morning, I was the domestic Goddess…
Lesson #3: You just dont have anything else to do with the rains on and you turn up being this super enthused person in the kitchen
I did the following
– make idli batter
– made molagapodi
– did the stupidest task of roasting the peanuts and R and I tried to remove the skin..she got bored…I got boreder..if there is such a word..and ended up doing just half of it..the rest I just chucked it back into the dabba
– cleant the platform
– made dudhi halwa (which turned out to be a bit gheeish)
– cleant the bathroom
– washed R’s hair (which is like winning a lottery everytime we do it!)
– washed my own hair (which is like cleaning up a coir of jute or something which we manage every week)
– slept for 2 hours in the afternoon after a heavy lunch of sambhar and ‘same’ curry
– Got up to brave the rain and buy stuff for Ganesh Chaturthi and buy half a kg of bhindi for the great R who had declared that she will not carry any other subji to school gah!
– Made a simple dinner of daliya khicidi
– folded tons of clothes
– Fought with RD..in the morning as well as in the evening..and oh also on Saturday morning..we are back to our fights now!
– Watched ManU score two goals and went off to sleep
Interestingly boring Sunday na
Lesson #4: If it rains in Mumbai, it doesnt stop for three bloody days
and yesterday midst the match, RD looked at me intently..I was wondering why this sudden love that he is missing the ManU guys fight Arsenal when he exclaimed..oh my God RM half your hair in the front is white…who needs bitchy girlfriends when you have a husband who gives you the truth!
And this he realises after I spent the last year lamenting on how I am turning grey thanks to his daughter!
Lesson #5: RD doesnt look at me at all properly 😉
and then I realised I AM getting old..my mom had her cataract operation yesterday…imagine..ma having cataract..which means ma is definitely old and I am old as well 😦
Conversation between the Ma and me
RM: Ma how is your eyes..can you see
RMM (RM’s Ma): Everything is black
RM: *getting super worried* why, ma? they have put bandage is it?
RMM: No, they gave me a pair of black glasses to cover the eyes and so everything looks black!!!
In the afternoon I Call after my sleep
RM: MA, how is your eye..can you see
RMM: No the black glasses are still on and everything looks dark (this is from a lady who has never worn cooling glasses okie?)
RM: oh okie..hope you are putting the meds
RMM: I am (with seemed exactly like R cribbing)
RM: Its okie ma, just dont do anything okie
RMM: no I am not doing anything, just folded all the clothes, cleaning the corn cob and taking out mausambi juice!
and then she claims she is NOT doing anything! This woman I tell you!!!
Lesson #6: Ma cant rest at all
and last but not the least
this is what R did when she got bored…she did RD’s and I did hers..and the poor indulgent father agreed to let her do it since she had nothing else to do in the rains…Their hair texture, just for the records is exactly the same..soft, smooth and EXTREMELY difficult to tie!
Look carefully at the white line I have drawn to indicate their kudumis 🙂
Fathers I tell you!