or the second weekend when RD and RM didnt fight!
Waring: Long long post ahead
And so it was a horrid horrid weekend
1. We had a terribly sad accident Silver lining – no one was hurt
2. We had a bad experience at the police station Silver lining – we got the FIR done
3. I had a major argument with a man who was older to my father perhaps Silver lining – I didnt hit him! and our work in that office got done
4. R had severe ear ache and horrid vomit of cough Silver lining – we could go to the doctor immediately despite a waiting line no one objected to us rushing in..people are good
5. FIL left no silver lining to this
1. Friday night we had dinner out and R and I were almost half asleep on the back seat of the car…RD mentioned about a biker going with his girlfriend on the lonely road of ours at 100 kmph and then takes a turn towards the left to enter our building at abou 5 kmph just outside the gate..when boom I hear a noise and I wake up all shaken..
I hear RD say something about a mother and I thought we hit someone’s mother..and then I saw people rushing to our car and I thought we killed a dog…
Who the hell did you kill I ask RD
when one guy running towards the car says aapke husband ki galti nahi hai..and shows me that biker and his girlfriend getting up..
that damn stupid idiotic biker tried to overtake us from the left despite RD’s honking to our watchman to open the gate AND showing the indicator…can you believe that??
RD got off the car a bit dazed and that biker just ran away..yes he just picked his bike, put his girlfriend at the back and just went away..this happened in a span of about 20 secs before RD and FIL could get off the car…the crowd gathered around us gave us the number of the bike..
a police patrol jeep came (they always arrive AFTER the accident scene is cleared) and told us to go to the police station to file a complaint
We went at about 9.45 in the night…
2. Both RD and I walked in with R on my hips..who by the way had gotten up and got a bit shaken with the accident…FIL was behind me…we both started explaining to the inspector what happened when he rudely asked me in marathi who was driving…RD said I was..
he tells me’ toh tumi gaapa basa ani bahar basa (Then you shut up and go out and sit)
I was dumbstuck..RD just looked at me and anokhen hi anokhen mein asked me to go out…I didnt react..just went out and FIL told me to calm down…We waited for about 1.5 Freaking hours to get that damn FIR done..yes 1.5 hours to note down is what they took
R was cranky forget R..even I was cranky..R refused to go home without RD because she thought the police would take him into the jail..yes that poor baby was terrified…
and honestly there was NO one else there..only us and one more lady to complain..they could have done our work in no time..but nahi…they just prolonged the process as much as they could.
I have actually lost faith in the judiciary system in India..if this is the way things work, no wonder people dont want to involve the police in anything…they are behaving as if they are doing us a favor…bloody isnt it then God Damn Duty to help us!!!
I never never use foul language especially not in this blog..but you can well imagine my frustration level..
RD on the other hand was this picture of sheer calm..and I dont know how..its ALWAYS the other way round…he politely answered Qs…FIL was a bit reluctant to leave him as well and go so we just stuck around…R was at her cranky best and I dont blame her okie!!!
3. and then we reached home and slept..just crashed on the bed…next day morning RD and FIL went to the police station again! to get a copy of the FIR…after just waiting for 45 minutes they got it…I dont know whats the big deal about making people wait! lets not get into that..
We dropped R to the daycare and FIL near our house and RD and I went to that electricity change office again…and then I got in…there was a line..I was standing..
This old man comes and stands next to me..I tell him very very politely ‘uncle, hum line mein khade hain’ (Uncle we are standing in the line)
Uncle: so what can I do? I came before you…I saw you and that man get off the car…I walked in before you…and look at you..age ka kuch lihaaz nahi hai…(no respect for age)
and then snapped his finger as you would shoo away a street mongrel or something
Thats it..something snapped inside me big time
I told him uncle firstly I was being polite..secondly your age doesnt really show you are mature…I just told you we are in the line..if you have a problem..tell it politely dont accuse me of not showing respect…
RD was stunned I am sure…I am not the types who fights in public..especially not to someone who is equal to my dad’s age…
RD told me to just let that guy go ahead…I was like no why should I? I didnt see him before me..he cant accuse me like this..the whole office was staring at me..
RD just calmly told me its okie RM, you are not in a hurry are you?
RD told that uncle, that my wife just told you she was in the line thats all..why do you talk about lihaaz and all that…
And that uncle started again..which again snapped me and I told him that please dont accuse us of things we have not done..RD just pulled me towards him and asked me to keep quiet..
I shut up realising that I was just being stupid..or was I?
I let him go ahead of me..only because he was much much older to me and my parents have taught me that always always always respect your elders!I just had a bad day
4. In the evening, we picked up R and then went to meet FIL’s cousin who lives near by…R was happily playing around and when we started to return home she said ‘amma, ear ache ho raha hai’
I told RD to rush to the doctor..he was like arey nahi she is just playing around..but after 5 minutes is very bad traffic..I realised that it was definitely paining badly..
I called up the doc and he said he was there…RD tried his best to move the car as fast as possible but the traffic was killing…FIL got off near our house and R was howling like crazy with pain saying ‘amma bahut dukh raha hai’
We rushed in to the doc and as usual there were at least 20 patients sitting there..but R was in so much pain that I just rushed in without even looking at anyone..people looked bugged but I guess bottom line they realised that it was an emergency
The doc looked at R, prescribed an ear drop for her and told me it was due to severe severe cold!
She came out howling while RD went to get the ear drop..finally she got some relief when the ear drop was put and I apologised to everyone there for rushing in despite their turn..they all turned out to be so sweet and said dont worry we can understand the emergency!
R vomited one ton and half of cough on the way back home…by the time we reached home, R, RM , car seat and everything around us was full of coughed vomit 😦
we reached home and R just went off the sleep while RD made hot dosas to perk up my mood 🙂
5. Sunday morning – FIL left back for Calcutta and life in general is pathetic :(:(
On a positive note, R and I spent some quality time together reading, painting, dancing, chopping veggies for the week and making some green chilly achar.. :):)
So there..everything as a silver lining…