It’s been a while since us Mommybloggers came up with something to celebrate, well, mommyhood, so the lovely Monika and I came up with this. A tag that has us list out five lessons of life that Mommyhood has taught us, these could be sweet, bitter, funny, touching, whatever. These could be survival tips or cooking tips, or something as simple as the best thing to get puke smell out of hair.
So, the rules are simple. Put the badge up. Write out five lessons that Mommyhood taught you. And tag five mommybloggers.
So here is what mommyhood taught me 🙂
1) You can cook with one hand…seriously except rotis, you can cook everything with your right hand with a 10 kg weight stuck like glue on your left hip…
2) You can sleep with your eyes open..no seriously..I have mastered that art..and of course like a true Mumbaikar working woman, yyou can sleep standing with 100 people squeezing you like toothpaste out of a tube…you can hang at the edge of the bus and sleep with your eyes open
3) You can apply for the next weight lifting championship or maybe rugby….by carrying 12 kg live load (I repeat. live load which moves, shouts, screams, pulls your earrings and showers slurrpy kisses on you) on your hip and walking miles and miles as you finish shopping dodging yourself and your child from the millions of people shopping on the streets of Borivali at 6 PM in the evening on a weekend..yes I have accomplished that
4) You can eat poochka/panipuri/gol gappa with one hand…and what I mean is holding the plate and eating with the same hand..
5) Your hidden talents of painting (not!), cutting (not!), pasting (not!) come out as you finish your child’s stuff
No but on a serious note
these are 5 lessons I learnt after I became a mom
1) I have learnt to appreciate my mother and father..what they did for me is priceless
2) Its scary that I are responsible for someone and that too for a lifetime..having a child is literally a LIFE changing decision…I just get more careful about crossing roads and jumping trains…because I know there is someone back there waiting for me expecting me
3) I have learnt to prioritize..family over work..child over career or whatever suits me
4) I learnt that I can do many things if I want to..if 10 years ago someone had told my mom, that her child could manage a house, keep it relatively clean, cook two times a day, bring up a child, and go to work, she would have laughed out loud and called that person insane..but after I became a mommy, I am doing all that and my mommy is sure a proud lady 😉
5) A child learns everything from you, the good, the bad and the ugly..she imitates you in everything and you need to be really really careful about each word that you utter, each action of yours and each thought of yours because thats what you are teaching your child!
And of course a lot more which cant be covered in five points 🙂
And I tag
Momo’s Ma (who is absconding from the blogging world for like ever..and hope this inspires her to COME BACK!)